Hi. Thanks for taking the time to read a little bit about me. I am passionate about partnering with parents to help them fulfill what they have been called by God to do – homeschool. When I started homeschooling my daughters in 2002 there were very few options available in my area, so I was involved in academic leadership right from the beginning. I have led co-ops, organized field trips, created classes, and birthed and co-directed the first hybrid homeschool group attached to our local Christian Church and school – all due to the blessings of God and always for His glory! My goals as my girls grew were to equip any parents who wanted to homeschool through high school – to give them tools and teach them methods – to pray with them and for them – and sometimes just to boost their self – confidence. It IS ok to outsource your high school classes – parents don’t need to be the be all end all for their children. But we as parents should always be involved. I encourage my jr. high and high school parents to drop off but not drop out. I’m excited to have the opportunity and share my passion and love of learning in the online community.
I have been married to my amazing husband for 25 years. We have a 25 year old son with severe autism, a 21 year old daughter, and a 19 year old daughter. We call Southern California our home. I earned an AA Degree in Liberal studies many years ago and am currently a candidate for my Bachelor’s in Education from Liberty University.
My teaching/tutoring experience includes:
– I am a Registered IEW Instructor, in process of becoming Certified. I have been teaching IEW for about 10 years and absolutely believe in and have experienced the success of the program, all levels from grades 3 – 12.
– Math Tutor – I tutor students in math, ranging from elementary through Algebra 1, using Teaching Textbooks and Saxon.
– Jr. High and High School English classes (I love Analytical Grammar)
– Jr. High and High School History classes (I love Mystery of History)
– I have tutored CC Challenge Levels A & B, which have given me 3 years of working through Henle Latin 1 (2/3 of the book), as well as 2 years of James Nance’s Introductory and Intermediate Logic.
-Elementary Science ( I love Apologia’s Young Explorer Series)