- Taught from a Biblical standpoint. Verses are memorized for each unit.
- Students not only begin to comprehend listening and reading passages more fully, but they also start to express themselves more meaningfully in both speaking and writing.
- Students continue their study of the language throughout nine units:
- key vocabulary topics: review Spanish I
- grammar concepts: review Spanish I
- key vocabulary topics: going on a trip, on vacation
- grammar concepts: object pronouns and preterite
- key vocabulary topics: sports and health; daily routines
- grammar concepts: preterite, demonstratives, reflexives, & present progressive
- key vocabulary topics: clothes and shopping; at the market
- grammar concepts: pronouns, irregular present, & preterite
- key vocabulary topics: legends and stories; past and present civilizations
- grammar concepts: imperfect tense, irregular preterite verbs, imperfect vs. preterite
- key vocabulary topics: food reparation; ordering meals
- grammar concepts: formal commands, pronouns, & negative words
- key vocabulary topics: making movies; invitations to a premiere
- grammar concepts: subjunctive & commands
- key vocabulary topics: school newspaper; family and relationships
- grammar concepts: subjunctive, prepositions, & comparatives & superlatives
- key vocabulary topics: the environment and conservation; careers and professions
- grammar concepts: future tense, pronouns
- Each unit consists of new Biblical memory verses, musical introductions, two new vocabulary themes, and several grammar concepts; reading and listening comprehension activities, speaking and writing activities, multimedia cultural presentations, and interactive activities and practices which reinforce vocabulary and grammar.
- Students are expected to be actively engaged in their own language learning: use of a flipped-class format; synchronous live classes and asynchronous additional activities (common vocabulary terms and phrases, wide range of grammar patterns in speaking and writing, conversations and response, analysis and comparison of cultural practices, products, and perspectives of various Spanish-speaking countries).
- Strong emphasis on providing context and conversational examples.
- Frequent assessments to monitor language progression.
- Students are introduced as well to a wealth of self-learning resources and techniques for continuous and effective learning.