From Monolingual to Bilingual just like that! With this course, your student will not only develop and expand their linguistic abilities but they will gain confidence and cultivate new cultural understanding.
What is learned?
Throughout this Spanish Level 1 course, your student will learn the basic structure of the Spanish language and will garner a solid grammatical base to build upon. They will learn to ask and answer questions, talk about relationships, order food, make comparisons, talk about their plans, and speak in the past tense. Students memorize Bible verses and listen to praise music in Spanish, which will allow them to expand their Biblical vocabulary, something students cannot find in a traditional classroom. Exploration of a variety of Spanish-speaking cultures and traditions are woven throughout the course and students will actively participate and engage in the course as we practice these various concepts and make cultural and linguistic connections.
What’s the goal?
The ultimate goal is that students become better equipped and motivated to speak and interact with the Spanish-speaking community as a result of a greater cultural and linguistic understanding garnered in this course.
What makes this course special?
- Study Helps: In this course, your student will have access to numerous study and tutoring helps whenever they need it. Helpful videos, and webpages are always available to help students reinforce the grammar lessons during the week.
- Teacher Access: Students are always encouraged to reach out to Señora Stickel by meeting with her in a one-on-one office hour or by simply emailing any and all questions they have.
- Individual Attention: Students receive feedback on every homework assignment completed, and each test and quiz is personally reviewed. Each student’s individual capacity is considered when grading.
- Transcript: At the end of this 30-week course, parents receive a course transcript detailing the course completed, the grade earned and the amount of credits applicable personalized for each student.
- A Christian Focus: Students memorize Bible verses in Spanish and we have a time of prayer at the beginning of class where students can share requests and praises. Students also learn Biblical vocabulary through the verses and songs listened to outside of class.
“My 9th grade daughter took Ashley Stickel’s Spanish 1 class. Ashley was a great teacher. She communicated very well with her students and the parents. She was available for extra help when necessary. She would send me email’s if my daughter did not turn something in or seemed to be having trouble. She would provide extra resources to help her. She was very kind to her students and provided a great class for them. My daughter enjoyed Ashley’s class. We plan for her to take Ashley’s Spanish 2 class in the Fall.”
~ Nicole H.