THIS CLASS IS FULL! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING AND YOU WILL BE PUT ON THE WAITLIST.
The following is a list of curriculum and literature for the class.
1. The course text spine can be found here:
The spine is called Introduction to Literature: English 1. This is available in a hard copy or in e-book format. Students will rely heavily on this book so decide what format will be best for regular use.
2. Our literature selections for this year are:
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain
- Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- The Tempest by William Shakespeare
Books will be read in this order. Audio books are fine but please still have a hard copy to follow along with and refer to in class.
There is an optional Honors component and those book titles will be added shortly.
3. Grammar student workbook: Grammar for the Well – Trained Mind Student Workbook 1 ( 1 per student required) 978-1-945841-04-0 AND
Grammar Handbook of Rules – Grammar for the Well – Trained Mind Comprehensive Handbook of Rules (siblings can share) ISBN 978-1-945841-12-5
Christianbook.com often has these on sale and/or free shipping coupons.