Semester 2 of Dr. Dan’s GENERAL SCIENCE course takes science to the next level! Get ready to continue this fascinating journey as we explore the wonders of the Human body! The Second Semester of General Science covers the final 16 weeks of this comprehensive, self-paced 32-week course and includes LAB VIDEOS. New topics include the study of life, the 5 Kingdoms and 10 Systems of the Body (The Integumentary, Skeletal, Muscular, Digestive, Circulatory, Respiratory, Lymphatic, Urinary, Endocrine, and Nervous Systems). All come alive as we explain these in fully illustrated PowerPoint presentations. God’s fingerprints can be seen everywhere for those who have eyes to see.
Dr. Daniel Korow DVM not only presents the key concepts and ideas related to General Science but draws from many sources creating a total package that integrates General Science, Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, as well as his experiences as a veterinarian.
A central focus of each class is to help your student: “Learn how to learn” and remember those facts and names that seem to be overwhelming. It is all about making Science understandable! Memorization may work on the short term to get that “A” on an exam, but memorization with understanding will last a lifetime!
Why Take Dr. Dan’s General Science Courses
- Learn General Science anytime, anywhere online 24/7
- 71 Videos in the Class Series for Semester 2
- 17 Videos in the Lab Series for Semester 2
- Each week (module) is topically divided into several separate videos. Any given module (on average) may have 3-6 Class Videos totally about 1 hour of instruction. Watch on video per day or all of them at one sitting. You choose what is best for your schedule, or your child
- Watch the videos as many times as needed to master the material
- Hone your notetaking skills by pausing the videos, slowing their speed, repeating the content
- Each video is a superior quality recorded with a green screen It is a fully illustrated, PowerPoint presentation
Who is this course designed for?
Whether your learner loves, dislikes, or simply tolerates science, you’ll find that Dr. Dan’s General Science will open up a fun new way to approach the subject. This course is also very suitable for the struggling learner who desires to go at their own pace! Dr. Dan strives to make concepts understandable and memorable for a lifetime!.
Over the 16 week period, 71 videos cover the class material. Ideally, each video can be viewed more than once, paused, even slowed down or sped up for note taking or study purposes. Hearing Dr. Dan talk slowly will make you laugh and remember the material! These videos are intended to engage the student in the masterpiece of God’s design.
For Just $ 165.00 the SECOND Semester Package Includes:
The Video Library:
Orientation (1) – Getting started
How to Study Mini-video series (5) – Life skills that will last a lifetime
Class Video Series (71)
Lab Videos (17)
Online Class Quizzing Over Every Module
STUDY helps – aids in comprehension while keeping the BIG picture
- Charts (downloadable PDFs)
REQUIRED for Class and Lab:
- Textbook – Exploring Creation With General Science, 2nd ed., Jay Wile, Apologia Press
- Test With Solutions Manual – Exploring Creation With General Science Test and Solutions, 2nd ed., Jay Wile, Apologia Press. Both available online individually or as a set; new and used
- Lab Supplies – Most are common household items and chemicals
- SAFETY GLASSES or GOGGLES – use for all experiments!