Get ready to continue this fascinating journey as you explore the wonders of this universe at the atomic level! The Second Semester of Chemistry covers the final 16 weeks of this rigorous, comprehensive, self-paced 32-week course. New concepts relating to Acid-Base Reactions, Redox Reactions, the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics and so much more. All explained in these fully illustrated Power Point presentations.
Dr. Daniel Korow DVM not only presents the key concepts and ideas related to Chemistry but draws from many sources creating a total package that integrates General Science, Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, as well as his experiences as a veterinarian.
A central focus of each class is to help your student: “Learn how to learn” and remember those facts and names that seem to be overwhelming. It is all about making Science understandable! Memorization may work on the short term to get that “A” on an exam, but memorization with understanding will last a lifetime!
Why Take Dr. Dan’s Chemistry Courses?
- Earn one High School credit when both semesters are taken
- College Prep (Honors)
- Learn Chemistry anytime, anywhere online 24/7
- Over 110 Class and Lab videos in Semester 2 of Chemistry
- Each week (called a module) is topically divided into an average of 5-6 videos. The total instruction time is about 1 hour. Watch one video per day during the school week or the whole set all in one sitting. You choose what is best for your schedule and your child
- Watch the videos as many times as needed to master the material
- Hone your notetaking skills by pausing the videos, slowing their speed, repeating the content
- Each video is a superior quality, fully illustrated, PowerPoint presentation. No whiteboard presentations here!
Dr. Dan’s Chemistry Course will lay a firm groundwork for students continuing onto College Level Chemistry. Prior students have stated that this course was a MUST for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) test and/or the Advanced Placement (AP) test. Many students also stated that they felt excellently prepared once they got to college!
What’s Included in the Second Semester of Chemistry?
The Orientation Videos
- Orientation to Chemistry – (2 Videos) – Getting Started
- How to Study Mini-video Series (5 Videos) – Life Skills That will last a Lifetime!
Lecture and Lab Videos-
- CLASS Videos – (87 Videos)
- LAB Videos – (24 Videos)
- CLASS Quizzes – Automatically graded
- LAB Quizzes – Automatically graded
Course Extras: Study Helps
- Charts (downloadable PDFs)
REQUIRED for Class and Lab:
- Dan’s Chemistry Lab Handouts – PDF, quarterly segments.
- Lab Supplies – Most are Common Household Items and Chemicals
- SAFETY GLASSES