Get ready to continue this fascinating journey as you explore the wonders of living creatures on this Big Blue Planet. Second Semester of Biology covers the final 16 weeks of this rigorous, comprehensive, self-paced 32-week course. Even more amazing, ingenious designs of the Animal Kingdom and the Plant Kingdom will come alive in these fully illustrated PowerPoint presentations.
Dr. Daniel Korow DVM not only presents the key concepts and ideas related to Biology but draws from many sources creating a total package that integrates General Science, Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, as well as his experiences as a veterinarian.
A central focus of each class is to help your student: âLearn how to learnâ and remember those facts and names that seem to be overwhelming. It is all about making Science understandable! Memorization may work on the short term to get that âAâ on an exam, but memorization with understanding will last a lifetime!
Why Take Dr. Danâs Biology Courses?
- Earn one High School credit when both semesters are taken
- Learn Biology anytime, anywhere online 24/7
- Semester 2 has over 120 videos in the series
- Each week (module) is topically divided into several separate videos. Any given module (on average) may have 6-10 Class videos totally about 1 hour of instruction. Watch one video per day or the whole set all in one sitting. You choose what is best for your schedule and your child
- Watch the videos as many times as needed to master the material
- Hone your notetaking skills by pausing the videos, slowing their speed, repeating the content
- College prep (Honors)
- Each video is a superior quality, fully illustrated, PowerPoint presentation. No whiteboard presentations here!
Dr. Danâs Biology Course will lay a firm groundwork for students who want to take Science to the College Level. Prior students have stated that this course was really helpful for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) test and/or the Advanced Placement (AP) test. Many students also stated that they felt excellently prepared once they got to college!
However, this course is also very suitable for the struggling learner who desires to go at their own pace! Dr. Dan strives to make concepts understandable and memorable for a lifetime! Many moms of dyslexic students have been very pleased with how Dr. Danâs material is presented to create more passion for learning.
Whatâs Included in the Second Semester of Biology?
ÂÂÂÂ The Orientation Videos â For review purposes
- Orientation to Biology â (2 Videos) â Getting Started
- How to Study Mini-video Series (5 Videos) â Life Skills That will last a Lifetime!
ÂÂÂÂ Lecture and Lab Videos-
- Dr. Danâs Biology CLASS â (96 Videos)
- Dr. Danâs Biology LAB â (26 Videos) âThereâs a lab for almost every week!
- Dr. Danâs Biology CLASS Quizzes â Automatically graded
- Dr. Danâs Biology LAB Quizzes â Automatically graded
Course Extras: Study Helps
- Charts (downloadable PDFs)
REQUIRED for Class and Lab:
- Danâs Biology Lab Handouts â PDF, quarterly segments.
- Lab Supplies â Most are Common Household Items and Chemicals
- Safety Glasses
- Dissection kit (scissors, scalpel blade, tweezers, blunt probe, eyedropper, etc.)
- Latex gloves
- Dissection specimens (the earthworm, crayfish, fish and frog) AVAILABLE FROM VARIOUS other SOURCES for an additional charge
Optional But Recommended Biology Supplies
- Microscope, slides (BOTH prepared and blank slides to make your own
Blank Slides and Cover Slip Prepared slides â specific to this Course