The Human Body, God’s Ultimate Masterpiece begins to unfold before our eyes in the 2nd Semester of Advanced Biology. We will explore the Peripheral Nervous System, along with the Endocrine, Circulatory, Lymphatic, Digestive, Respiratory, Urinary and Reproductive Systems! Every cell, every tissue, every organ cries out Creation. Truly the Human body is the pinnacle of God’s creation.
The 2nd Semester is a rigorous, self–paced course covering the final 16 weeks of Human Anatomy and Physiology. The combined semesters represent a comprehensive 32 week course that truly is College prep and will prepare anyone with a future interest in the Health Care Professions. Advanced Biology comes alive in these fully illustrated PowerPoint presentations.
Dr. Daniel Korow DVM not only presents the key concepts and ideas related to Anatomy and Physiology but draws from many sources creating a total package that integrates General Science, Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry as well as his experiences as a veterinarian.
A central focus of each class is to help your student: “Learn how to learn” and remember those facts and names that seem to be overwhelming. It is all about making Science understandable! Memorization may work on the short term to get that “A” on an exam, but memorization with understanding will last a lifetime!
Why Take Dr. Dan’s Advanced Biology Courses
- Earn one High School credit when both semesters are taken
- Learn Human Anatomy and Physiology anytime, anywhere online 24/7
- There are 110 separate videos in Semester 2 series
- Each week (module) is topically divided into several separate videos. Any given module (on average) may have 6 -10 Class Videos totally about 1 hour of instruction. Watch one video per day or all of them at one sitting. You choose what is best for your schedule or your study habits
- Watch the videos as many times as needed to master the material
- Hone your notetaking skills by pausing the videos, slowing their speed, repeating the content
- Each video is a superior quality, fully illustrated, PowerPoint presentation with a green screen. No whiteboard presentations here.
- College prep (Honors)
- Includes the Bonus Feature of “How to Study” 5 video Mini-Series
Who is this course designed for?
For the learner that is simply fascinated by the tremendous complexity and marvel of the body and wants to learn how the body works. Or for the serious College-bound learner who’s goal is the health care professions (nursing, doctorate, technician, etc). Or any health care professional interested in refreshing one’s knowledge base of Anatomy and Physiology.
Dr. Dan’s Advanced Biology will open up a fun new way to approach the subject. Students benefit from Dr. Dan’s many years of Veterinary practice and teaching experience. Your child will be amazed at the unexpected and even silly things that Dr. Dan dreams up to make Advanced Biology fun and rewarding.
Dr. Dan’s Advanced Biology Course will lay a firm groundwork for students who want to take Science to the College Level. Prior students have stated that this course was a MUST for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) test and/or the Advanced Placement (AP) test. Many students also stated that they felt excellently prepared once they got to college!
For Just $ 199.00 the SECOND Semester Package Includes:
The Video Library: CLASS ONLY, no lab
- Orientation to Biology (1) – Getting started
- How to Study Mini-video series (5) – Life skills that will last a lifetime
- Class Video Series (110)
Online Class Quizzing Over Every Module
STUDY helps – aids in comprehension while keeping the BIG picture
- Charts (downloadable PDFs)
REQUIRED for Class and Lab:
- Textbook –The Human Body: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made 2nd ed. by Dr. Jay Wile and Marilyn Shannon, Apologia Press. ISBN: 1-932012-09-5
- Test With Solutions Manual – The Human Body: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made 2nd ed. by Dr. Jay Wile and Marilyn Shannon, Apologia Press. ISBN: 1-932012-10-9
Both available online individually or as a set; new and used
- Lab Supplies – Most are common household items and chemicals
- Dissection kit and latex gloves
- Fetal pig specimen AVAILABLE FROM VARIOUS other SOURCES for an additional charge.
- SAFETY GLASSES or GOGGLES – use for all experiments!
Optional (But Recommended) Lab Supplies
- Microscope, slides (BOTH prepared and blank slides to make your own
Blank Slides and Cover Slips
Prepared slides – specific to this course