Dr Dan's Advanced Biol Sem. 1
DAN’s ADVANCED BIOLOGY course SEMESTER 1(Class ONLY) is a perfect introduction to the miraculous science of life from a Biblical Worldview and offers one high school credit. This course also helps your student to: “Learn how to learn” and remember those facts and names that seem to be overwhelming.
NOTE: REVIEW CHARTS for selected lessons (downloadable PDFs) are provided to aid comprehension while keeping the BIG picture in view as an added value FREE of charge.
Current – Dr Dan offers a self-paced course for those students in high school or after who are ready to begin soon (mid-summer 2018) or at the start of the 2018-19 school year (late August, 2018).
Soon – Dr Dan may open a live, online learning opportunity! More updates on that as soon as we have them.
You’ll enjoy superior quality videos from live classes held in Western Colorado. All classes were video-taped during a 3 hour time frame once per week for a total of 16 weeks in front of real-live homeschoolers and moms just like you! Each hourly class is divided up topically into 3-10 videos allowing students to watch the entire lesson all at once or in smaller segments during the week! Class Video quizzes are provided for each lesson!
Who is this course designed for? Whether your learner loves, hates, or simply tolerates science, you’ll find that Dr Dan’s Advanced Biology will open up a fun new way to approach the subject. Students benefit from Dr. Dan’s many years of veterinary practice and teaching experience. Your child will be amazed at the unexpected and even silly things that Dr. Dan dreams up to make biology fun and rewarding. Over 75 videos are included covering various topics over the 16 week period. Each video can be viewed more than once, paused and slowed down/sped up for note taking or study purposes. Hearing him talk slowly will make you laugh AND remember the material!
These videos were recorded in a live classroom setting and are intended to engage the student into the masterpiece of God’s design.
Dr. Dan’s Biology Course will lay a firm groundwork for students who want to take Science to the College Level. Prior students have stated that this course was really helpful for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) test and/or the Advanced Placement (AP) test. Many students also stated that they felt excellently prepared once they got to college!
However, this course is also very suitable for the struggling learner who desires to go at their own pace! Dr. Dan strives to make concepts understandable and memorable for a lifetime! Many moms of dyslexic students have been very pleased with how Dr. Dan’s material is presented to create more passion for learning.
Required for the Biology Class & Lab Course
1) Highly Recommended Texts:
- The Human Body: Fearfully an Wonderfully Made , by Jay Wile and Marilyn Shannon, Apologia Press (Text book)
- The Human Body: Fearfully an Wonderfully Made , by Jay Wile and Marilyn Shannon, Apologia Press (Solution Manual)
- Both can be purchased individually or as a set. Many available online both new/used. This additional practice and testing is suggested especially for those who are college prep and who want to excel in their CLEP, AP and other testing.
Although LOCAL costs for CLASS are $440 each semester …
NOW only $199/semester when you join Dr Dan on LumaLearn as a charter member!
2) Required: Dr Dan’s Biology CLASS – Videos
EACH semester, done online = 16 weeks
3) Required: Dr Dan’s Biology CLASS – Quizzing
EACH semester, done online = 16 wks
Did you know?
That most of our local home schoolers using the Human Body: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made also complete the “On Your Own” questions in the text book as well as the Apologia’s self-tests in the Test & Solutions book. Those homeschoolers are well prepared for later exams, testing and real-time use of their Anatomy and Physiology knowledge!
4) REQUIRED: Dissection kit and latex gloves, specimens to dissect (the fetal pig) AVAILABLE FROM VARIOUS other SOURCES for an additional charge.
5) RECOMMENDED – Microscope, slides (BOTH prepared and blank slides to make your own). Prepared slide kit as shown in Apologia’s Human Body. Available various places online.
6) RECOMMENDED – Goggles, common various household supplies, and smock if desired.
If within the first 4 weeks (28 days) of starting Dr Dan’s Advanced Biology course, you and your student feel like they are not ready for high school Advanced Biology, then please contact us! We will explore the various best options for learning, growth and excelling with Dr Dan’s Science!