***This is a flex schedule class. There are no live meetings in this class.***
What is STEAM?
STEAM is an acronym that stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. What does Disney World have to do with STEAM? The Imagineers at Disney are masters of creating magical experiences by mixing the elements of STEAM in rides, shows, architecture, and games.
Students will explore ways in which each STEAM specialty is represented in the Magic Kingdom through virtual field trips and interactive mini-projects.
There are five lessons in this course:
1. Science – Haunted Mansion Holograms
2. Technology – Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom QR Codes
3. Engineering – Under the Sea Animatronics
4. Art – Cinderella’s Castle Mosaics
5. Math – Main Street Forced Perspective