They say Latin (and Greek) is essential to expanding one's vocabulary. They also say that the earlier you learn a new language the easier it is to learn and retain. So why do very few people learn Latin until middle school or later? Help your child get a head start in learning Latin and expanding their understanding of English words while still in elementary school. This class will introduce elementary students to the Latin language as well as the British society at the time of the Romans. We will also touch on Roman mythology while learning how to do as the Romans did. Students will use Cambridge Press's "Minimus" Latin book during this class. When I was in a physical class room, I used this text to teach my third and fourth grade students Latin. This curriculum is fun and engaging and does more than just teach Latin grammar. Students get a great introduction to the language and culture which engages them beyond the classroom. Each week students will be introduced to new Latin words and grammar. Students will make note cards to help with memorization of new words. Students will check over their homework in class and share what they have learned about British Roman culture with each other. In between classes, students will have worksheets to complete as well as quizzes to turn in. Students will also be given a few projects to help them further absorb the Latin language into their English studies. This class will cover the first half of the book. The second semester will be offered upon completion of the first semester.
Beginner Latin Semester 1 SP1 (Self-paced)
approximately 20 minutes/lesson
13 weeks access
Invite & Earn
Sign In To Earn
- Refer your friends to Luma Learn using your personal link.
- Post on your social media, or send in a message or email.
- Your friend receives their own 10% off coupon towards any Luma Learn class of their choice.
- When your friends click your link and enroll in a Luma Learn class, you'll receive a $10 coupon towards any Luma Learn class.
- Use coupon codes towards any Luma Learn class (no minimum, and multiple coupons can count to a single class)!